Kansas Business Center
Click the image above to go to the Kansas Business Center, the official state resource for information, filings, and personal assistance to start or maintain your Kansas business.

Small Business

Tax Credits for Health Insurance

State Tax Credits

The Kansas Legislature has doubled the health insurance tax credit, from $35 per month to $70 per month per employee, for any small business, association, or trust that has between 2 and 50 employees and has not contributed to any health insurance premium or health savings account on behalf of an employee within the preceding two years.

To utilize the tax credits:

Federal Tax Credits

There are also federal tax credits available through the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act passed in 2010. See the Internal Revenue Service website for more information.

See our Affordable Care Act for Kansas small businesses page for other information regarding ACA and small businesses.

Small Business Insurance

We've designed business insurance information to help you, the small business owner:

You may also request that a Small Business Insurance Packet of the above information be mailed to you by filling out the form on our Publications Request page.

For information on the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, see the Small Businesses page at HealthCare.gov, or see our Affordable Care Act in Kansas page .

The Kansas Insurance Department is here to help with your insurance needs. We can also assist if you have a claims problem. Contact the Consumer Assistance Division (800-432-2484) or e-mail commissioner@ksinsurance.org.

Insure U - KansasInsure U for Small Business

The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) presents Insure U for Small Business to provide helpful information, tips and considerations about insurance for owners of small companies and home-based businesses.

Other Resources

The above are links to other web sites that are not maintained by the Kansas Insurance Department. A link to another web site does not represent an endorsement of that site by the Department.